How do I save snapshot to mobile

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You must shoot down the enemy planes and eliminate them to earn points.
  • I've searched like crazy for a solution but I can't find anything that works!

I want to save a snapshot to the mobile gallery. That should work somehow I think..

The browser invoke download thing won't work when I export it onto an app, right? So I need something else. I've tried to read about the LocalStorage, but I don't understand anything there. If someone could explain to me like I'm 5, I would really appreciate it!

• Have you searched "snapshot" in C2 startup templates ?

• That uses the browser invoke download that I mentioned, but that won't work when it's an app I presume? Since it's not in a browser then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try it.

It should work, AFAIK all exports are browser wrappers.

• Really? That's awesome, I feel stupid now. Thanks!

• Hmm no I can't get it to work in the app. Nothing happends when I tap the button. It works in the web browser on the computer but not when I have exported it as an app. I really need this to work, anyone got any idea?

• Hi, try to enable all permissions in your app settings.

If it not works, you can use cordova screen shot plugin (this plugin works without any problem)

• I will try that, thank you!

• I still can't get it to work, I'm going crazy soon!

I've installed the Screen shot plugin, added an event in construct and when I make a build and try in on my android the game just freezes for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. No image saved I've tried to add permissions but that doesn't help either. I don't get what I could be doing wrong!

• I used the "on save screen capture failed" action to have it make a small box appear and it does, so it tries and fails apparently.

When I export I check the "uses media" permission, and in XDK I've also added WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in the build settings. Are there any more things I have to do maybe?

• Hi, it woks for me, download capx and apks files here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rezg5dty5ssfzb/Snap.rar?dl=0

• I can't open the capx file because it uses plugins that I don't have it says.

And when I run your app in my phone and press the buttons, it says "No permissions to write, Abort" and "screencapture failed with cordova plugin".

Soo,, there's something strange going on here

• Do I need that plugin "Cordova In app browser" maybe, for my app to do the snapshot?

• Nevermind my last post, the cordova in app browser is in the plugin manager in XDK on my project, so I don't know why nothing is working

• Hello,

Go to your app settings on your phone and check that all permissions are checked. For more precision give me your phone model.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)