How do I save syncronized changes

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 pm

UP!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Still have a problem. Attention. Need help =))))
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:21 am

DuckfaceNinja wrote:
RisenFear wrote:It dont want to work for some reasons

I guess you still don't grasp the flow of object creation. If you already can spawn peer's character without broadcast, there's no reason at all why you need to broadcast. I think you have to revisit the official example, either the shooter or pong, both shows how to do it. Or, study the flow of peer character creation on your project, it's obvious that you don't understand the flow because creating peer character and creating item on host is absolutely the same process.

I can't point out anything specific because I don't have C2 right now.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to summon you in this thread, unless I can not send pm =( Let's try this way while you're online
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:43 am

@DuckfaceNinja Hope it work's : D Feelin' like a big fat spammer now
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:58 am

I don't know what should I be saying here... What's left is you are the one who has to understand how to do it.

Some pointers:
1) Understand what sync object does: (creation and destroy is covered here not broadcast message)
2) Sync Position (or with angle) if it is moving npc/enemy object.
3) Sync None if it is a static object like loot. Use broadcast message to update position on created.
4) Restrict client input just for continuous trigger, for triggering trigger use send message.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with c2 event system, what can I say is the way you set up you capx imply that you still need some more study to get out of the normal event structure (it feels incomplete rather than wrong), in MP it is different but you can correlate such as to use every tick = use sync, to use trigger = use send message, trigger once= send message.

I'm an artist, not a coder and official example and manual is all I need to understand this, there's no reason why you can't do it ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:50 pm

@DuckfaceNinja

I understand and I've read a lot of info from tutorials and manuals. I'm not one of those who posting questions to forum before reading guides. But. I've remade everything you've explained me and it's works many times. I can understand (I think) mechanix but I think I've stuck in something simple and basic - and I'm asking to help me more with more detailed explanation...
I've attached my first capx. With your events to prevent another errors. But I can't syncronize loot I don't know why

Thx
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Look at line31 and line5.
I don't know what and how you want to achieve, I'll just speculate. In line5 you created loot for host, but you never created any loot for peers, I think create loot should go into line31, which is why I feel you capx is incomplete.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:21 pm

@DuckfaceNinja

Oh, I thought it was stupid idea to re-create items that were already placed on layout in editor, I don't know why I haven't deleted it. It's correct and it will work? Oo

Made just to test it
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 pm

RisenFear wrote: It's correct and it will work? Oo

Nobody know until someone tried...? Check your debugger to see whether it's created or not.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:28 pm

@DuckfaceNinja

I mean, it won't solve my main problem
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?