How do I save values

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hi guys,

I need to save some value between various game sessions, so I tried local storage, but it seems that its never properly saved on android.

So, I thought about the save and load system behavior. Do you guys know if its possible to save only numbers with this solution?

On a side note, do you know if the local storage is still suported?

Thanks

• I tried local storage, but it seems that its never properly saved on android

that's strange, sure you programmed well local storage events? have you tested it in desktop export?

i have made an android game with local storage use in recent past and it work perfectly, i don't have tested the newest C2 releases however

• It works ok on desktop, but at some point its not relyable; for some reason the browser delete the datas. Same issue on mobile, and it happend even quicker.

I know that on local storage, the datas are stored on a cache file. I'm pretty sure that I did not setup my browsers to delete cache.

For a scoring game starting over is pretty annoying, and I want to be sure that it won't happend!

• It works ok on desktop, but at some point its not relyable; for some reason the browser delete the datas. Same issue on mobile, and it happend even quicker.

I know that on local storage, the datas are stored on a cache file. I'm pretty sure that I did not setup my browsers to delete cache.

For a scoring game starting over is pretty annoying, and I want to be sure that it won't happend!

if you are been hable to reproduce in a capx i suggest you to fill a bug request

• Alright, but any idea to save a value?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I finally find out this bug thread:

long story short: you do not have a proper control over local storage on mobile and its not a construct2 issue but an android architecture decision for space management.

I'm still looking for a reliable solution to save values.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)