How do I Scroll Bar

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:12 am

So I've been searching for this for the better part of 2 days and I'm still no closer to cracking it!

So I'm trying to create a scroll bar or side bar that scrolls, even.

Basically it should be a bar on the side of the game that acts as a menu. There will be 'power ups' and such in there but I have too many to fit on the screen at one time, so I want to be able to scroll through them.
Is this possible in Construct 2?

Thanks.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:45 am

Kamata wrote:So I've been searching for this for the better part of 2 days and I'm still no closer to cracking it!

So I'm trying to create a scroll bar or side bar that scrolls, even.

Basically it should be a bar on the side of the game that acts as a menu. There will be 'power ups' and such in there but I have too many to fit on the screen at one time, so I want to be able to scroll through them.
Is this possible in Construct 2?

Thanks.

You searched "scroll bar" in the tutorials and didn't find anything useful? :shock:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:48 am

This is my personal method, this is horrible but it works for me XD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:40 am

Thank you for that.
I actually decided to go down a different route. It seems to work for now but it takes a lot of time to code each item in.

It's simply buttons that will essentially scroll everything in the side bar 50 pixels up/down
http://tda.pixel-virtuosa.com/game/HTML5/
B
S

Return to How do I....?