How do I scroll farther without zooming out?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:19 pm

Hello World,

Ok, check the picture below guys, the red rectangle is my level, the black ones are assests I wan't to add to my level, ignore the blue ones.
Now as you can see where I pointed that arrow I am already scrolled max to the right, and already zoomed out quite a bit. But I need to make my level longer, without zooming out. If I zoom out even more I do get more space, but I can't see what I'm doing, my level is hand crafted so I have to be zoomed in when I try to aling stuff, etc.
So any way I can scroll further to the right please? I really can't switch to auto generated levels so far into the development process, and at this point if I can't get more space my levels are gonna be awefully short, like under 1 min, maybe some even less then 30 secs....

B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:01 pm

@VIKINGS If i'm not mistaken the "Margin" on the left of the layout properties should do the trick. Try to increase it.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:07 pm

I see in your picture that the Unbounded scrolling is set to Yes. That it self should provide an infinite space to move around. I don't understand why this isn't happening in your case.

Now that I see your red "Maxed" arrow, I wonder if perhaps you are referring to the layout view within C2 editor and not at the actual game (at run-time). In that case, just increase the margins on the layout properties.

Edit- Damn! Ninjaed by @DuckfaceNinja :lol:
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Yeah, increasing the margin seems to work, it only goes up to 10k, but it is way better then before. Thank you guys.
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?