How do I seamlessly transition images?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • Hello,

I am trying to transition images to make it appear that the character is going through a doorway to another room. With this, I want them to go through the right door way and end up in the next room at the other side of the room. What I have is this:

goo.gl/photos/o7jwTZ3xv1A8nW7c9

Right now with it setup like this when the Living Room is visible and they are colliding with the LR_DOOR_L the image flickers, but the image does not change to the kitchen or move the character. I've tried making it so that they are moved to a different position not near the door so that it is not triggered immediately when the transition happens, but nothing seems to work.

I am not even sure if this is the proper approach.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Try with adding system > Else to event 11.

Currently event 8 makes event 11 true.

I said 'try' because it is till a gamble, a lot depends on how you have set up the layout, and all the other events.

• I think you need a Wait command after the transition so your player has time to be moved away from the door or it just keeps repeating the door command which is causing the flicker.

Add Wait 0.1 seconds after they overlap the door and before the transition and see if that works.

Hard to tell more without seeing your layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you! Adding the wait worked!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)