How do I (See post for more info)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:09 pm

:idea: Hey guys, I'm working on this project that require when a player reach a certain point in a level; he/she has to wait x amount seconds in a certain spot to get points. If the player goes past the spot Else the Player will not receive points. Player must come to a full stop. (Much like driving and coming up to a stop sign) I've tried everything from a newbie stand point....LOL! My knowledge of C2 is still in the beginning stage. :ugeek:
B
S

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:33 pm

I'm not sure if this will work, or if this is the best way to do it. But it's worth a try lol.

If you are using the Platform or the 8 direction behavior, both have a condition that check if the object is moving.

So you just need to do a check if the player is overlapping the spot and at the same time is NOT moving.

Tell me if it works ^^
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:15 am

Ok, will try...LOL at this point I will try anything because this one little issue is holding up a project that I need to get done asap.
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:31 am

I think for every other behaviour you could check if the speed = 0
Would somethimg like this help?

Player is overlapping
player.speed = 0
trigger once
> Start timer "GetPoints" for x seconds

on timer "GetPoints"
> add points
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:33 pm

After several a temps, I just gave up. This morning it hit me "Why not use triggers?" So I came up with this idea, when player gets to a certain point it triggers an object to be visible. If player is overlapping that object it deducts points else add points if not overlapped. Its still some bugs to workout. Thanks RayKi and LittleStain. Both of your suggestions helped me.
B
S

Return to How do I....?