How do I set action when colliding with bottom bounding box?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:08 am

So I Tried to make a box that triggers certain action when it collided with other object on a certain side (bottom side will stick with object A, top side will stick with object B, etc)
but the problem is i can't find where to assign "when collision on x side with other object, do this" thing, i only found "when collided with other objects, do this". No sides of the collider specified.

is there a way to specify a certain specific sides of the collider to trigger collision?
Thanks
B
S

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:51 pm

You would need to use image points x,y or overlap or pin an invisible sprite to the bottom and use it as your on overlap condition trigger.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:25 am

chrisinfinger wrote:You would need to use image points x,y or overlap or pin an invisible sprite to the bottom and use it as your on overlap condition trigger.

So i have to create another invisible sprite to each side of the box? is there an easier way? since doing it like this could lead to some more problems...
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:24 am

As mentioned as well, you could use image points and test if their x,y coords overlap other sprite.
Check out my completed games on the Arcade! Capt. Doe Save the Universe! & Clicker Wizard!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:30 am

binding the sprite to the layout might do what you're wanting as well.
B
S

Return to How do I....?