How do I set an instance of same object to another iid/uid

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey there,

iam currently in a little hassle with this one:

I have two instances of the same type in my scene (its an endless runner) and now i want to reposition one object behind the other if theyre outside the screen. So far so good. But how do i place my object (iid 0) behind the same instance object (iid 1) ?

Could not find out currently how to set this up...

Thanks for your suggestion!

• Congrats2u

Usual method for doing things where you need to pick two of the same type is to add a Family with just that object type in it.

For example, if you have an object type called Player, create a family called Family_Player with Player as a member.

So, your event could maybe be something like this:

Player is on screen (inverted)
    Pick Family_Player where Family_Player.X > Player.X
    	-> Set Player.X to Family_Player.X - Player.Width
    [/code:2rq06c5u]
  • endless runner & reposition one object behind the other if theyre outside the screen

Endless means that those objects start outside the screen (on 1 side) and move off screen (on the other side) ?

Do they flip each pass ? Or is it a 1 time operation ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 99Instances2Go

Thats right, they move from right to left, and if they leave the screen they will be repositionated on their old/start position.

The problem is: If i set it up like: if sprite is - 1024 it can happen that there is a small lag or delay and i get a gap between my background sprites. I got four background sprites layers witch are moving trough the sceen an will be repositioned again. And they will move faster and faster and this supports a larger offset, because i think if theyre outsite the screen they will not be replaced on the exact pixel (-1024 (maybe because of latency?))

I thougth i will set it up like: if youre outsite the screen take the current position of the other tiles get their width, and place the repositionated tile exact behind that.

I was hoping that this will avoid these gaps....

• Would be great if you got some ideas

• Got to place them relative to the last one.

They are probaly the same instance.

So (pseudo) Using a Family containing 'Sprite'

Sprite < Sprite X < -1024

Family > position of right most

____ Sprite > set position ... x = Family.x + 1024 (i suppuse they are 1024 width)

• Hmmmm. i didn´t get it.

• Congrats2u

Here's a working example capx (r244)

It doesn't use Families but is fairly similar to what 99Instances2Go suggested

• OddConfection

Just wow. This works perfectly! Thank you very much!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)