How do I set Boolean Variable to TRUE?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • I seem to be overlooking something.

When I set a Boolean Variable to true and click OK, it automatically changes to '<varies>'. What does this mean? I want true!

Thanks in advance

EDIT: OH BTW it's an instance variable.

• Varies in this case means that you have a default value for the instance variable (likely "False") that you can check by selecting the Object Type that contains the variable directly in the Object Type folder of the project's bar and you have an instance of that object type which instance variable's value is set to "True", resulting in the fact that the defaulting value in turns "varies" in your edittime configuration.

Just make sure to select the instance, the value set for the instance will stick to it, or at worst, in your event sheet, on start of layout, do some initialisation and set the instance boolean variable's value to True. All instances of your object type will have their instance variable value set to true, but it should do the trick.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Varies in this case means that you have a default value for the instance variable (likely "False") that you can check by selecting the Object Type that contains the variable directly in the Object Type folder of the project's bar and you have an instance of that object type which instance variable's value is set to "True", resulting in the fact that the defaulting value in turns "varies" in your edittime configuration.

Just make sure to select the instance, the value set for the instance will stick to it, or at worst, in your event sheet, on start of layout, do some initialisation and set the instance boolean variable's value to True. All instances of your object type will have their instance variable value set to true, but it should do the trick.

Legend! Works like a charm. I understand now, thanks Kyatric

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)