How do I set gravity and camera angle to platform on overlap

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • I saw a simple explanation of this a while ago and I can't find it now. basically, I wanted to create a simple sprite that would set the players current gravity and camera angle to the angle of the sprite itself if overlapped. It's meant to be a single event type system, not fooling with physics or complicated custom movements.

Example: player walks on the default solid object and then hits a curved path upwards, at this point I would have a simple invisible sprite that sets the new angles and as they continue to move along the curve I would have more and more sprites setting the new angles until they reached the new flat surface.

hope that helps, thank you!

• I am not sure what you're getting at, but did you try simply rotating the layer to the angle of the character (having all object that needs to be rotated on this layer, or rotate multiple layers)?

• I am not sure what you're getting at, but did you try simply rotating the layer to the angle of the character (having all object that needs to be rotated on this layer, or rotate multiple layers)?

I think you're on to something. I've attached a CAPX to show what I'm after, I know that sometimes I can't get my idea across that well but the idea is to be able to transition from a floor to a wall to a ceiling.. more or less.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You just need to make it smoother using anglelerp and add some conditions (these of course will depend on your level design), check this out:

[attachment=0:3kr1g672][/attachment:3kr1g672]

• You just need to make it smoother using anglelerp and add some conditions (these of course will depend on your level design), check this out:

[attachment=0:33c1y9f4][/attachment:33c1y9f4]

I love you.

• > You just need to make it smoother using anglelerp and add some conditions (these of course will depend on your level design), check this out:

>

> [attachment=0:3fgzayoi][/attachment:3fgzayoi]

>

I love you.

I knew i'd seen a simple way to transition the perspective this way but I couldn't remember where I'd stuck the file. Thank you so much.

This has given me an awesome starting point.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)