How do I set multiple languages for Windows 8 exports?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Full source code to the game guardian. Includes all art and music assets.
  • Hi! I am just starting to develop apps/games for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 and I am looking for expienced Windows 8 / Windows Phone users.

When editing the app manifest in Visual Studio I changed the default en-US to de-DE because my app is currently available in German only.

But how can I define de-DE and en-US or en-GB at the same time when I added multiple languages? Can this be done in one package?

And how can I define one of the reserved names for which language? I reserved 4 names for my app and the website says this can be used for different languages. But I could not find how or where I can assign the names to the languages. Any help would be very much appreciated.

• Hey

In order to use multiple languages I use AJAX and XML and it works on Android and IOS but I haven't tested yet on Windows Phone.

• I meant the language for the app in the store.

But there is a plugin for Visual Studio for easy localization. It creates a new folder in the root of the exported project with files in it. But you cant access them via AJAX if they are not in the subfolder of the app/game? Maybe it works if you copy/move them there after you are done with it.

Can I just enter multiple language codes in the app manifest in Visual Studio? I will need to try this tomorrow (so the shop shows multiple supported languages if I just hardcode them in for now).

• In the manifest file I found only the default language and it does not seem to work to enter multiple languages there. Do I have to change the code of the xml file?

I found this in it:

<Resources>

<Resource Language="x-generate" />

</Resources>

Can I just enter "de-DE;en-US" instead of x-generate or where can I set the project languages?

• I searched around but could not find an answer yet. Anyone here publishing on Windows Store with multiple languages?

• Hi dude, do you find a solution for this?. I had the same problem with my game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi. No, still not able to set English and German. With the latest update of Visual Studio I cant even edit my manifest file or test my app, it shows some Version error (

• Hi! Visual Studio seems to work now (just Ads dont show up) but I am still looking for any hints how to set the language to English and German and let the app appear with the proper localized name in the store. Any ideas how to do this for Win10 Universal apps?

• Hi! Visual Studio seems to work now (just Ads dont show up) but I am still looking for any hints how to set the language to English and German and let the app appear with the proper localized name in the store. Any ideas how to do this for Win10 Universal apps?

Hello - did you ever figure out how to run ads in Windows 10 apps? Ive tried pubCenter and AdMob but both dont show ads in the VS emulator.

Seems we are on our own figuring ad issues out as questions for this kind of issue remain unanswered for months.

• Hi. Ads are still not working and showing an error when I preview it.

Same for the multiple languages in the store. But I got a few new hints how it might work and I will have to test them.

I created a new topic for the ads here:

• Iolva can you show me the .capx file or a tutorial you use to change to language please

• wizdigitech

Change language where?

• Hey

In order to use multiple languages I use AJAX and XML and it works on Android and IOS but I haven't tested yet on Windows Phone.

select language on start of game English, Spanish etc

• I use AJAX to load Textfiles with the lang strings and tokenat loops to put the strings in an array or dictionary.

Textfile looks like this:

English.txt

YESButton=Yes

German.txt

YESButton=Ja

and then I use the data in the array/dictionary to SetText on Startup.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)