How do I set my tiles to ground level?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Hello guys!

I'm completely new in Construct 2.
And I have very silly question.

I'm trying to do 1st level of Super Mario. I'm using tileset from original game. It looks almost as I need but I always have my "ground" in the middle of the screen. Not at bottom. When I'm trying to put this tiles down, I have the same result. They are moving to the center of my screen. I think there's something very simple solution of my problem.

I want It to look like this:

But i have this:

What I'm doing wrong?
B

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:54 pm

You probably have scrollto behaviour on Mario and this is the result of that..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 pm

In the layout view, hold the control button and scroll the mouse wheel down to zoom the view out. You should see a dotted outline, which represents the camera view. Your tiles might be in the middle of that.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Oh, Yes! LittleStain, you are right!
Indeed, when I've disabled ScrollTo problem has gone.
But I need ScrollTo behavior to scroll my level to the right. What must I do to have scroll left-right and have my ground at bottom?
B

Post » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Easiest way would be to put the bottom of your tilemap on the bottom of the layout (the white area) and if you have unbounded scrolling turn it off (but I don't think you have)

Scrollto won't scroll beyond layout..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:45 am

Thank you very much! It really works!
B

Return to How do I....?