How do I set screen size for all devices

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

Hey guys, i have a question, how can i set screen size to get full screen on all devices? my focus is the mobile games.
i have tried set the screen size to 500x660, but when i'll run on my android webview he don't get the full screen size
Thanks
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:55 pm

I'm not sure if there is a one-size fits all strategy, but you can use LetterBox Scale in Configuration Settings (I think this might be default now anyway).
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Manley23 wrote:I'm not sure if there is a one-size fits all strategy, but you can use LetterBox Scale in Configuration Settings (I think this might be default now anyway).

Yes, but i have to set layout size and window size?
If yes, how much?
Thanks
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:25 pm

OMG... how many people are having problems with this... i must write tutorial for this. :)

Use this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169 ... utions.png

Set this as the last layer and when all is done just delete it and compile your game.
eg. for portrait mode:
Set project window and layout sizes to 640:960 and basicly set everything important (that needs to be seen) into the smalest screen aspect ratio (iphone4) and make sure that your background covers both biger aspects (iphone 5 and ipad) and your good to go... and spawn everything that needs to enter screen from outside those bigger aspect ratios!
(if you are more expirienced than you can use anchors to stretch visible objects to fit into every aspect ratio)
use scale outer and set in your Layout "unbounded scrolling" to YES.
Last edited by irina on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

Message: renatomateusx is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
irina wrote:OMG... how many people are having problems with this... i must write tutorial for this. :)

Use this: ... utions.png

Set this as the last layer and when all is done just delete it and compile your game.
Set project window and layout sizes to 640:960 and basicly set everything important (that needs to be seen) into the smalest screen aspect ratio (iphone4) and make sure that background covers both biger aspects (iphone 5 and ipad) and your good to go... and spawn everything that needs to enter screen from outside those bigger aspect ratios!
(if you are more expirienced than you can use anchors to stretch visible objects to fit into every aspect ratio)

Thanks, i'll check this right now! ;)
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Message: renatomateusx is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
irina wrote:OMG... how many people are having problems with this... i must write tutorial for this. :)

Use this: ... utions.png

Set project window and layout sizes to 640:960 and basicly set everything important (that needs to be seen) into the smalest screen aspect ratio (iphone4) and make sure that background covers both biger aspects (iphone 5 and ipad) and your good to go... and spawn everything that needs to enter screen from outside those bigger aspect ratios!

Hey man, i have tried window and layout sizes 640:960 and i have this result on my EMULATOR.
I send in attachments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:16 pm

Please, check the black margin, i need to remove this.
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:18 pm

@irina - your dropbox link is incomplete.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:45 pm

@irina, sorry but not work, can you post the dropbox link again?
Thanks
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:55 pm

sorry... copy/paste issue... it is fixed now.

heres sample capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169 ... Ratio.capx
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?