How do I set text to screen size

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Hello All - I have attached an image for my project as you can see by looking at it GameOver is spawning way over at the start of the level.... I have it set to set position when player dies to WindowWidth - Self.Y) / 2 ext for both y and x

by the time the player gets to the end of the level game over is no where in sight???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Need Sprites For Your Next Project?
100% Vector Animated Sprites
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:22 pm

:(
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Make it a sprite. Set it off to the side of the screen and use an event to change the position when, the Game Over condition is met.

Or you can put the Game over sprite on the screen and set to invisible, then set to visible when game over condition is met.

Making it a sprite even allows for animation.
B
S

Post » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:20 pm

the problem is that I can't get the sprite, or text object to position itself center screen from where the player is at that point..... isn't windowwidth and windowheight used to find the CURRENT window size??

it's a side scroll platform so so say at the end of the level the part visible to the player how I find them dimensions and place the text center screen to that?
B
S

Return to How do I....?