How do I set triggers and make them reappear? *URGENT*

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game Triggers is as versatile as a Swiss army knife, and will be a great resource for any type of game you're creating.
  • Sorry for the confusing title, but here's my problem. It's the holidays, and I decided to make a Santa-themed game, because why not? I've got enough experience, so I put together this game. My issue is this, My background has houses and whatnot, and I set invisible triggers/colliders on the chimneys . The background scrolls perfectly, but... The triggers/colliders scroll as well. How do I get them to stay in place, and reappear once the background is finished scrolling? I need answers ASAP, as this is a final project for my GameDev class... It's due tomorrow, if that helps.

• I don't know if I understand you correct. Do you have an endless scrolling background with chimneys and you want that the colliders scroll with the background and stay on the same place on the background?

Then you can try to pin the triggers on the background with the pin-behavior.

• I don't know if I understand you correct. Do you have an endless scrolling background with chimneys and you want that the colliders scroll with the background and stay on the same place on the background?

Then you can try to pin the triggers on the background with the pin-behavior.

Well, I tried that, but I think I pinned them on the wrong layer. Lemme come back to you if I got it or not... Thanks for the advice, by the way.

• Well, I tried it, on different layers, and the "Position and Angle" and "Position Only" modes... Neither worked, they're pinned where they're supposed to be at the beginning of the game, but they don't move backwards.

• You have to pin it to the background-object.

It works for me. An example:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5FlDY ... sp=sharing

• Can you put the triggers on a layer with parallax set to 0 to lock it in place so the layer never scrolls?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I got it! I saw Asmodean's event sheet, and noticed it was "System>On Start of Layout". where mine was "Collider>Pin>Pin To Object>"

Thank you so much! I can now finish my game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)