How do I set up connection between PC and Tablet

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A space themed game with high quality 2D graphics and addictive music that provide hours of fun
  • Hi! I'm working on multiplayer game. Devices can connect to game sessions, only if they have a same connection type to internet. For example: if PC is host (ethernet connection), tablet (Wifi) doesn't connect to game room. Same problem with examples (tried chat room). How to fix it?

• what browser you using on tablet?

Are you using construct preview or do you have multiplayer game hosted externally?

And if using preview...

do you have license?

As preview over lan is disabled in free version.

you have a license

check your firewall.

My best guess, is you using the free version and trying to preview over same connection which is disabled.

or

You have licensed version, and you didn't configure your firewall.

And you can't connect usin localhost, needs to be ip range:50000

oh,

and what is your pc ip e.g 192.168.0.5:500000 that is what you connect to as your tablet will have different ip assigned.

• I have Personal license, my game is already on Scirra Arcade This problem occurs on preview as well as when game hosted externally. Just now tested it: host was notebook and peer was tablet - they connected and game started normally. Then i tried with pc as peer - host didn't see it, and peer stuck.

• And what browser?

I often got that chrome couldn't connect to chrome and Firefox couldn't connect to Firefox. But Firefox could connect to chrome and vice versa. This has been fixed, then broken a number of times since last year sometime.

This is why webtrc is still considered beta - lol, and the "timeout" for lack of better word especially on mobile/tablet devices is a known issue.

Does a refresh connect peer-host?

It should connect at least 3 out of 5 attempts else the issue is something else.

Something else: signalling server, browser cache, an event in your project, your server where game is hosted, etc etc

• And what browser?

I often got that chrome couldn't connect to chrome and Firefox couldn't connect to Firefox. But Firefox could connect to chrome and vice versa. This has been fixed, then broken a number of times since last year sometime.

I tried different browsers (Chrome, Opera, Firefox), compiled project - nothing works.

Does a refresh connect peer-host?

It should connect at least 3 out of 5 attempts else the issue is something else.

No, it doesn't . Can you try to test some multiplayer project on devices with different internet connection types?

• pm me the link to the game, and I will try tomorrow (timezones, its late here)

But examples work for me, as well as my games.

pc plugged into connection A

tablet wifi on connection A

Could be ISP? Could be a setting in router? Could be so many things.

======================

Have you tried the proton plugin? webtrc isn't ready yet for games in my experience. Another year or so and a lot more tlc and it will be brilliant.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Very strange. I didn't tried photon plugin, but i think i should, at least to make a test for the same problem. And how to make good multiplayer games if webrtc is not ready? Does your customers report some bugs?

• I see lots having issues with dropped connection currently.

I know that both chrome and firefox broke webtrc, but they fixed it in last update. Perhaps they went and broke it again.

Photon plugin - here is link

How to make multiplayer: Photon is pretty good, but there is no 100% option with construct2.

Tested - lol, I can connect via mobile / tablet, but not via pc.

Pc game loads in firefox, but not chrome.

Also I can't use multiplayer tickbox, so can only do tutorial (this is on mobile and pc and tablet)

Perhaps a arcade bug?

Looks very promising. Seems your multiplayer select option isn't active, so no way to test multiplayer functionality. What is concerning is that it isn't even starting in chrome.

You will notice if you inspect page, that you have a ton of errors. Ask ashley/tom about those.

Does my customers, or rather my clients report some bugs ( yip, hence I am porting my stuff over to unity )

• Thanks for your reply!

Tested - lol, I can connect via mobile / tablet, but not via pc.

Pc game loads in firefox, but not chrome.

Hm... i can launch it with chrome, opera and firefox. Is this happens only with my game?

Also I can't use multiplayer tickbox, so can only do tutorial (this is on mobile and pc and tablet)

Did you tried to uncheck tutorial, or just complete it? I've updated my project - now you can choose multiplayer without any trouble.

You will notice if you inspect page, that you have a ton of errors.

I enabled Developer Tools in Crome (F12), but i didn't see anything suspicious... Where i can see this errors?

• Cool, managed to connect multiplayer

Nice game indeed.

But can't load game via chrome still. Only your game. I am using 64bit version chrome.

Played samsung s4 and pc(firefox) and acer tablet and samsung s4.

No issues with multiplayer.

Just want to check, your tablet is it samsung?

I do know from experience that samsung s2,s3 can't use webtrc, I presume the same aged tablets would be the same.

• Thank you for information! I use Lenovo tablet. Tomorrow i will test my game with friend using he's router, maybe something wrong with mine...

• You aren't the only one having issues, seen at least 4 posts saying same thing last couple days.

Webtrc isn't ready for the big world just yet. It is cutting edge, and is going to be awesome.

But it just isn't ready yet.

• Good news! Tested my game with 2 other internet connections - everything works. It seems that problem in my router's settings (ports or some stuff). I'll try to figure it out soon. Also, i found a bug, that ruins all multiplayer gameplay, fixing it right now. DUTOIT, thank you for participating

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)