How do I set up this specific behaviour?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A whole set you need to create a gorgeous winter 2d game
  • Hello again

I'm new in Construct 2 and even though I do my best, sometimes I cannot figure out how a thing needs to be done.

My current goal is to properly set up mechanics for my game and I don't know hot to progress further.

The game mechanics consist of simple clicking into designed areas in order to create platforms, but the problem is that I don't know how to limit number of created objects. Every click creates a new platform which is a problem. My focus is to have a previous platform destroyed when a new one is created so only one platform is created at the time. Does anyone know how to do it?

Secondly, how can I create an action when a platform hold by finger changes its angle after a movement upwards or downwards have been done?

• Sounds like you want something like this:

Give the platform an instance variable TouchAngle

on any touch start

Destroy platform

Create platorm at touch.x,touch.y

Platform set variable TouchAngle to touch.y

Touch is touching

Platform set angle to :touch.y-Platform.TouchAngle

Ofcourse this is going to require some tweaking..

• LittleStain

Thank you so much, it actually works ))

I'm just surprised that the recreation of the platform method was so simple, just added Destroy action in front of "Create object"

There is only one flaw with the method you provided since the platforms are now spawned in different angles and I would like to spawn them rotated in no angle. How can I do that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LittleStain

Thank you so much, it actually works ))

I'm just surprised that the recreation of the platform method was so simple, just added Destroy action in front of "Create object"

There is only one flaw with the method you provided since the platforms are now spawned in different angles and I would like to spawn them rotated in no angle. How can I do that?

artist trick

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)