How do I set/limit the camera?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:16 am

I'm trying to make a game very similar with this but how to set the camera? Please help. Thank you very much.

[https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/747/zone-based-camera-movement]
B

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:16 am

October this how you do it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:22 am

I was literally just about to post something about this.

I'm attempting something near-exact to this, but I can't get it right because I don't understand what's being done in the event sheet and what "lerp" is.

What I'm going for is a little more similar to game like Shovel Knight and Mega Man, where the player leaves the Zone and the player motion is disabled while the camera and player are slid into the new zone.

I'm sure I can get the player motion right, but I cannot understand how this works or how to edit the values to suit my layout's size/needs.
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:15 pm

I can't open the .capx you attached Lordshiva1948 :( Cause I don't have the latest version of construct2. My version I think is 168 and demo zone was created in version 195 :'(
B

Post » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:36 pm

I'm so close but it's not quite right. The issue here is that when you transition into the new camera zone, it scrolls to it nicely, but the scroll rate gets slower and slower the closer it is to finishing the transition. I'm trying to achieve a static rate of scroll transition speed all the way into the end of the scroll.

I'm sure this can be done by editing my values, but I don't know where:

B
S

Return to Beginner's Questions