How do I setup a correct margin for a game

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:17 pm

Hey everybody,
i'm really struggeling for hours with the margin and just cant figure out how to setup right. The problem i have is that i want to play upwards and i dont know how to setup the margin to the bottom where the player is. Also made a picture to show you what exactly is the problem , the margin is at the moment the blue line but i want it where the red one is.
Hope you guys can help me with that.

Thanks and warm greetings, Sven.

B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:31 pm

adding the scrollto-behaviour to your player or using the system scrollto-action in your event-sheet should help.

It's impossible to move the dotted line itself if that's what you are trying.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Hey,
thanks for the fast reply my player has this scrollto-behavoiur already the problem why i wanted to change this is its not working with my hud layer. Only if i show the whole screen at once i can see my hud when set paralaax to 0,0 , so how can i handle parallaxing elsewhere then with setting up margin right ?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:56 pm

The hud should be created within the dotted line to be able to see it when the hud-layer has paralax 0,0.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:13 pm

omg this drived me nuts thanks so much <3
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions