How do I SHARE SCORE on Facebook & Twitter?

0 favourites
  • Hi to all

For my game i need to JUST share the score on the users facebook account & twitter.

How to achieve that??

PLEASE: STOP TELLING ME TO LOOK AT THE BASIC TUTORIAL IT IS OUTDATED AND NOT WORKING ANYMORE!!!! (2011)

so what im looking here its a real HELP because i find no one who can explain step by step HOW to achive that!

I added the facebook plugin to my game, in that plugin i added my FACEBOOK APP ID, and SECRET key.

and after that, im STUCK.

this game is for Android devices NOT FOR WEB BROWSERS!

i convert my game to cordova THEN i use InteL xdk and i convert my game to CROSSWALK ANDROID.

• What part of the tutorial isn't working for you and why not?

Last revision is 2013, by the way..

• well i cant share the score on facebook something has to be not working, i add the score to a global value and when the player lost he goes to the game over screen (volcano) where the global score is, and if the player click on the facebook icon then i want the score be on facebook or twitter.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you have your player logged in to facebook?

From the Facebook tutorial:

Adding Facebook features

You need to use the Facebook plugin's Log in action to enable integration. You cannot do this automatically: have a button saying "Log in" that the user must click. This will open a popup window and Facebook will request if the user wants to let the app access your account. They have to click Allow to log in.

The user can keep using your app if they are not logged in, but the Facebook plugin won't be able to do anything.

• so ok i did that, added when tap on icon facebook> facebook log in >(request none, publish score)

then i added

facebook >on user logged in >facebook publish score"myscore"

• so ok i did that, added when tap on icon facebook> facebook log in >(request none, publish score)

then i added

facebook >on user logged in >facebook publish score"myscore"

And is it working?

I think not, from what I read in the tutorial..

I could keep copying parts of the "outdated" tutorial here for you, or you could just read it yourself..

• You will need a special plugin for android device Facebook integration. Someone named cranberrygames used to offer this. Not sure if that person still does. You won't be able to use the scirra Facebook plugin for your purposes.

• what kind of plugin?? inside intel XDK i have a facebook plugin also where i can put my app ID don't know if i have to add that to my project before i cmpiel to crosswalk android

• in my app i added this code

and the result on my facebook account is this

WHY is not working under android???

it works trough the chrome browser.

• still giving me some F****S**** i can't add just a stupid score to facebook tried, tried and tried AGAIN the BASIC tutorial is definitely OUTDATED AND NOT WORKING WITH FACEBOOK IN 2015 !!!!

ALSO if you LOOK the DEVELOPER side of facebook for an APP is NO MORE THE SAME AS THE TUTORIAL LOT OF THING HAS CHANGED!!!!

• no one can share a capx??

• i get this message from intel xdk

• The only plugin that works for android devices is by a person by the name of cranberrygames. So unless you bought a plugin from him on top of the construct 2 software, you will not be able to integrate Facebook.

• well 5$ for a plugin is not expensive but why whe have to pay for a function inside construct 2 who don't work????

this is ridiculous and need a real update from the developers (....Ashley.....).

I can't pay every time something is not working FROM the construct 2 official plugin, and then someone create a new non official plugin who works...its incredible, every game making software use that way....and finally your "cheap" game making software cost a fortune.

• Hi Did you bought Facebook plugin from cranberry? Is it works? And what about Twitter? I just few steps from finishing my little game, and thinking about all these functions. Can you share your experience. Overall I'm thinking about using cocoon io.

Thanks in advance.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)