How do I / Should I develop for Tizen (for Gear S2)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:44 pm

Hey there bubs,

I've been making games with Construct 2 for awhile and in hearing that Pebble may be bought by Fitbit, I've considered making games for Samsung Gear S2 as it seems like a good piece of hardware.

Currently the documentation for the Tizen platform seems like a complete mess, with Samsung still barely recognizing the platform as the core for their smartwatches at all.

Main Point:

Has anybody worked with Construct 2 for smartwatches, and how would I easily bind the Gear S2 Rotary Bezel events to in-game events like lets say Menu options or character movement.

I have experience with working in C# and Haxe, but haven't touched much JS especially not the exported JS from Construct 2.

Thanks
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Seems dangerous. Here there be dragons...
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
I don't check the forums much anymore, but I will receive an email for PMs.

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:37 am

indiegrimes wrote:Has anybody worked with Construct 2 for smartwatches, and how would I easily bind the Gear S2 Rotary Bezel events to in-game events like lets say Menu options or character movement.

I have experience with working in C# and Haxe, but haven't touched much JS especially not the exported JS from Construct 2.

I've read several places that since the Tizen SDK uses HTML5 and Construct 2 builds that, exporting to that platform should work... However, I'd definitely be interested in finding a plugin that provides controls for the Rotary Bezel. I now own both the S2 and new S3 - and would love to build some games for them! :)
B
S

Return to How do I....?