How do I / Should I develop for Tizen (for Gear S2)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Pixel Sprites ala ReactorCore - Kitchen Gear - Large pack of sprites!
  • Hey there bubs,

I've been making games with Construct 2 for awhile and in hearing that Pebble may be bought by Fitbit, I've considered making games for Samsung Gear S2 as it seems like a good piece of hardware.

Currently the documentation for the Tizen platform seems like a complete mess, with Samsung still barely recognizing the platform as the core for their smartwatches at all.

Main Point:

Has anybody worked with Construct 2 for smartwatches, and how would I easily bind the Gear S2 Rotary Bezel events to in-game events like lets say Menu options or character movement.

I have experience with working in C# and Haxe, but haven't touched much JS especially not the exported JS from Construct 2.

Thanks

• Seems dangerous. Here there be dragons...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Has anybody worked with Construct 2 for smartwatches, and how would I easily bind the Gear S2 Rotary Bezel events to in-game events like lets say Menu options or character movement.

I have experience with working in C# and Haxe, but haven't touched much JS especially not the exported JS from Construct 2.

I've read several places that since the Tizen SDK uses HTML5 and Construct 2 builds that, exporting to that platform should work... However, I'd definitely be interested in finding a plugin that provides controls for the Rotary Bezel. I now own both the S2 and new S3 - and would love to build some games for them!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)