How do I Show my Player

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:42 pm

I am currently making a platformer using construct 2. I have a player sprite which is on a seperate layer from my background and platforms. Everything was working fine until I ran the program and the player did not show up. I then ran it in debug mode and the player instance didn't appear in the inspector. Your help would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue.
B

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Dangerbreaks wrote:I am currently making a platformer using construct 2. I have a player sprite which is on a seperate layer from my background and platforms. Everything was working fine until I ran the program and the player did not show up. I then ran it in debug mode and the player instance didn't appear in the inspector. Your help would be greatly appreciated in solving this issue.

If the Player instance didn't show up in the debug mode's inspector, that means something went wrong. :?

Please post a capx file or a screenshot of the event sheet.

Here's an example platformer that I made for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/amrshqxv6q1ab ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm currently away from my computer so I'll have to post them tomorrow - it was just a basic movement script with some animation so I can't see what the problem would be!
B

Post » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Dangerbreaks wrote:I'm currently away from my computer so I'll have to post them tomorrow - it was just a basic movement script with some animation so I can't see what the problem would be!

Oh, ok. I'll wait for the update. :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:42 am

Gmoney wrote:
Dangerbreaks wrote:I'm currently away from my computer so I'll have to post them tomorrow - it was just a basic movement script with some animation so I can't see what the problem would be!

Wow. I realized in the middle of the night that I had the wrong code in the set animation section. It works fine now - thanks for your response anyway! :D
B

Post » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Dangerbreaks wrote:
Gmoney wrote:

Wow. I realized in the middle of the night that I had the wrong code in the set animation section. It works fine now - thanks for your response anyway! :D

You're welcome, Dangerbreaks. :mrgreen: It's good to know the issue was resolved..!! :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?