How do I show score

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:24 am

Do anyone know how you would display your score variable number in the middle of the screen when the player win or lose . Like I have the art graphics for the win or lose statement but I would like to also display and show them there score up under it if anyone know if thats possible or not
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 am

set text variable.

come on, man. do some research, tutorials, read the manual.. at the very least search the forum before you ask...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 am

I read the manual and did plenty of tutorials
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:11 am

and nothing in the manual and none of the tutorials taught you to set text to a variable? or answered any of the other questions you've asked?

I'm having a hard time believing that... :roll:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:14 am

Tutorial search "how do i show score" . First hit: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2/page-7
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:42 am

And actually what you wrote didnt answer my question im talking about showing the graphic art pic when the player win or lose. And why this game forum cant be like other engines where you post a question and u just get an answer and not talking about reading manuals something i already did
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 am

lilvee1989 wrote:And actually what you wrote didnt answer my question im talking about showing the graphic art pic when the player win or lose. And why this game forum cant be like other engines where you post a question and u just get an answer and not talking about reading manuals something i already did

Don't take it the wrong way. Anyway you asked how to "display your score variable number". I also understood that to be to display your score in some text. You said you already knew how to display the win/lose pic?

Many many answers are given here every day, it's just that when a question 'appears' to show little effort and it's been asked many times it can get frustrating. That tutorial or @Spacedoubt 's answer should suffice, otherwise please re-state exactly what you want :)

Edit: You could show the score in a Text or SpriteFont object, or you could have a separate sprite for every digit if you want (not really necessary as a SpriteFont does that more easily). If you want to superimpose the score on an pre-exsting graphic, that would be more difficult.

PS: it's recommened to post a capx, if possible, as this can make things clearer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:10 am

thanks it would be better if someone came out with video tutorials on making a full game from scratch to show how these different elements work in the engine
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:16 am

lilvee1989 wrote:thanks it would be better if someone came out with video tutorials on making a full game from scratch to show how these different elements work in the engine

There are video tutorials out there outside of this site, you could probably find one that would do the job. We're still willing to help if you can give us a better idea of your needs and why the above is not good for you. That's pretty much standard practice..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:36 am

lilvee1989 wrote:thanks it would be better if someone came out with video tutorials on making a full game from scratch to show how these different elements work in the engine

Go to MVA. This is a video by professionals, if this doesn't help, I don't know what will.

lilvee1989 wrote:I read the manual and did plenty of tutorials

It's hard to believe you didn't get any benefit from any tutorial. The way I use the manual is not to just read it, but to refer to it whenever I can't understand some events, that's how you supposed to use it. Try out tutorials, with manual by your side, this worked like charm to me.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?