How do I show score

0 favourites
  • Do anyone know how you would display your score variable number in the middle of the screen when the player win or lose . Like I have the art graphics for the win or lose statement but I would like to also display and show them there score up under it if anyone know if thats possible or not

• set text variable.

come on, man. do some research, tutorials, read the manual.. at the very least search the forum before you ask...

• I read the manual and did plenty of tutorials

• and nothing in the manual and none of the tutorials taught you to set text to a variable? or answered any of the other questions you've asked?

I'm having a hard time believing that...

• Tutorial search "how do i show score" . First hit: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/37/beginners-guide-to-construct-2/page-7

• And actually what you wrote didnt answer my question im talking about showing the graphic art pic when the player win or lose. And why this game forum cant be like other engines where you post a question and u just get an answer and not talking about reading manuals something i already did

• And actually what you wrote didnt answer my question im talking about showing the graphic art pic when the player win or lose. And why this game forum cant be like other engines where you post a question and u just get an answer and not talking about reading manuals something i already did

Don't take it the wrong way. Anyway you asked how to "display your score variable number". I also understood that to be to display your score in some text. You said you already knew how to display the win/lose pic?

Many many answers are given here every day, it's just that when a question 'appears' to show little effort and it's been asked many times it can get frustrating. That tutorial or spacedoubt 's answer should suffice, otherwise please re-state exactly what you want

Edit: You could show the score in a Text or SpriteFont object, or you could have a separate sprite for every digit if you want (not really necessary as a SpriteFont does that more easily). If you want to superimpose the score on an pre-exsting graphic, that would be more difficult.

PS: it's recommened to post a capx, if possible, as this can make things clearer.

• thanks it would be better if someone came out with video tutorials on making a full game from scratch to show how these different elements work in the engine

• thanks it would be better if someone came out with video tutorials on making a full game from scratch to show how these different elements work in the engine

There are video tutorials out there outside of this site, you could probably find one that would do the job. We're still willing to help if you can give us a better idea of your needs and why the above is not good for you. That's pretty much standard practice..

Go to MVA. This is a video by professionals, if this doesn't help, I don't know what will.

I read the manual and did plenty of tutorials

It's hard to believe you didn't get any benefit from any tutorial. The way I use the manual is not to just read it, but to refer to it whenever I can't understand some events, that's how you supposed to use it. Try out tutorials, with manual by your side, this worked like charm to me.

• ninja I benefited alot from that manual i was actually wondering when u was going to kick in on this forum and give me your speech . As of today i understand local and global variables very well and just a couple weeks i didnt no anything i want to soon start practicing functions and Arrays but i always appreciate when u jump in because u helpfui

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • By the way do know if theres a way to preview and test a specific layout only instead of going through the different layouts

• By the way do know if theres a way to preview and test a specific layout only instead of going through the different layouts

yep just hit preview and it will run the open layout. Otherwise F4 will run from the 'first layout.

• I was actually wondering when u was going to kick in on this forum and give me your speech.

I normally skip repeated threads or similar question I have answered before. I probably say the exact same thing like spacedoubt if I were to reply first. I think you shouldn't wait for particular somebody to jump in when there are a lot of knowledgable person already answering and you can't expect everybody read every thread posted.

• lilvee1989 here try this tutorial

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1066/g ... -beginners

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)