How do I Simulate a run over a solid object

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:33 pm

As the title says, i need to know how i can run over a solid object(obstacle)

SInce my game is an endless run game, the only thing that moves is the background, i only simulete the plataform jump with my Character.

But when i am on top a solid object, nothing happens.

have tried to simulate to player go right, but no success.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:54 pm

You shouldn't be having any trouble. Did you look at the auto-runner example that comes with C2?

Start a new project, and when 'template or example' comes up, search for runner. This uses platforms with the solid behavior + bullet (to move the plats).
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:22 am

TiAm wrote:You shouldn't be having any trouble. Did you look at the auto-runner example that comes with C2?

Start a new project, and when 'template or example' comes up, search for runner. This uses platforms with the solid behavior + bullet (to move the plats).

Yeah.. have made a quick test.. maybe i am bit sleepy, but will take another look at this.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:09 am

Hi..
Try to jump on a obstacle..

http://clay.io/game/endlessprealpha

I am not simulating the player to the right.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:01 am

Your coins shouldn't be solid (I'm guessing they are). Solids stop other solids. I can jump on the platforms fine; but the player runs into the coins.

Oddly, the player moves thru the coin when jumping...I really can't make more specific suggestions without seeing a capx.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:24 am

@TiAm

No, the coins are no solid. they have bullet behaviour.. :/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?