How do I solve these issues

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 9:37 am

:?: Hi there,
I have created a test game (a simple physics canon shoot game). I have few basic errors where I am struck. So here are my issues. Note: I have uploaded the capx file. Kindly check it.

1. The mouse click is in one side and the shoot is in different side. Shoot is not exactly towards the angle. Check click in different places.

2. My next issue is I want my level 2 (dummy) to be locked until i finish the level1. (My level 1 is finished when I hit the green square with the ball)

3. And when i finish my level 1 I want a small layout with stars to show up. How do I create a small layout and how does the stars and points work.

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Mon May 19, 2014 11:43 am

B
S
G

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 3:41 am

henriquesv wrote:Check this Tutorial:

thanks for this tutorial :D :D .

Did you check the file. What is the problem with the canon aim shoot

:?: :?: :?:
1. Canon is aiming towards the mouse but the ball goes somewhere else if you click closer to the canon or low down, you can see the problem.
:?: :?: :?:

Help me out here. Thanks a lot in advance.
B
S

Post » Tue May 20, 2014 2:13 pm

@Harishankar , that is weird... because here the ball goes directly towards the mouse =)

Your system is perfect here...
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 26, 2014 11:12 am

henriquesv wrote:@Harishankar , that is weird... because here the ball goes directly towards the mouse =)

Your system is perfect here...

It is not going fine here, I am testing with mozilla browser, THanks anyways.

I have a another big doubt, would you help for me.
B
S

Post » Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Sure .. "shoot"! =)
Anyway.. I tried your file on chrome and mozilla.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 11:24 am

@henriquesv Thanks for help. I really appreciate it.

:?: Now once my level is completed(i.e when the canon ball hits the green box) what is the best way to create a small scoring layout. Like the one which you see in angry birds. Could it be like a sprite, If yes how do i add buttons like "next level" or "reply" in it. :?:

I am actually trying to figure out the array method for the stars. Hopefully. :D :D :D
B
S

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 2:06 pm

@Harishankar
Your canon balls are colliding with the canon itself. If you remove the solid behavior from the canon then the balls will goto the mouse cursor directly, minus the gravity difference.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 4:51 pm

@mayfly

What do you mean by "minus the gravity difference"

And about the canon ball issue: I guessed that canon 's solid behavior will be a problem with the canon ball. But I want the physics animation to look realistic. I dont want the canon ball to go through the canon. What should I do??
B
S

Post » Tue May 27, 2014 4:54 pm

@harishankar

Making the canon not a solid will make it look the same. It just stops it physically reacting with the canon and making the balls come out funny.

'Minus Gravity' I meant the canons follow a path to the mouse but will not quite hit it 100% at the cursor as gravity makes the balls arc slightly.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?