How do I spawn something VARIABLE times

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:16 pm

So far i have this h t t p : / / i . i m g u r . c o m / G H n H l S j . p n g

But for some reason whenever the timer ticks down to 0 the game freezes and my browser crashes afterwards. Any help would be good, thanks.
B

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:57 pm

add another condition...
System...Trigger once while true
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm

better use the timer behavior for countdowns, not every x seconds (this will introduce errors on your first tick)

spawn something x times:
repeat x times: spawn y

If an interval is supposed to be between the spawns, use the timer behavior once again, start a regular timer, then on timer count down your amount of stuff you still want to spawn and once it reaches zero, stop the regular timer.
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:34 pm

mindfaQ wrote:better use the timer behavior for countdowns, not every x seconds (this will introduce errors on your first tick)

spawn something x times:
repeat x times: spawn y

If an interval is supposed to be between the spawns, use the timer behavior once again, start a regular timer, then on timer count down your amount of stuff you still want to spawn and once it reaches zero, stop the regular timer.

I am afraid i do not understand you, mind giving me step by step instructions, or just the even sheet, please?
B

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:54 pm

Bump, still haven't fixed my problem.
B

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:05 pm

maybe this post will give you some ideas, or maybe not....

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=152946
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?