How do I stop a black screen showing

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:26 am

When I publish my game as a chrome web store app, when I run the game in Chrome I just get a black screen. What is the cause of this and how do I fix it? So far I have tried manually editing various files in the directory and changing screen resolutions and such, nothing works. I have even followed the tutorial on publishing word for word.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:48 pm

when you run or debug the layout, in construct 2 , you get also a black screen ? or the game run fine ?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:50 pm

It runs fine, I just can't get my head around why it is doing it. Manifest file version definitely set at 2 as well. Reading through the forums other people have had similar problems but I can't figure out or find a solution.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Just tried a new thing, unticked minify script still does not get it working :'( also have tried doing as hosted app set to localhost and it still does not work.

I have also tried this now with two different games.

Here is my .capx: http://filebin.ca/29IJ5Mdpg0xb/fittheshapes.capx

If anyone can figure out whats wrong with it and why I can not export to Web Chrome Store let me know? I have tried everything now!
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:19 pm

ok , can you try to play the game in other computer to see if the problem is from the game or the browser? also can you post a link of your game to test it in my computer?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Tried on 3 different computers already. (Windows 7. Windows 8.1 and another Windows 8.1 with a more up to date chrome.) See post above for link. :)
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:34 pm

i check your capx file all is fine i run it in chrome and it work, try to set use loader layout to yes, and change your physics engine to box2d asm.js in the project settings
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:58 pm

Ok I did what you said, I changed loader layout to yes, I have even purely published another game I was having the exact same trouble with, if you have chrome can you install for me and let me know if it works please? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e?hl=en-GB For me it is not working.
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:06 pm

the same problem my friend, i get a black screen when i start the game :(, also i don't know if that is important or not, but i see in icons folder in your project you have just construct icons, you must add your icons there instead of construct icons ?
B
S

Post » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:15 pm

First layout from default to Intro (the first screen on my game Drops)

Deleted icons as you mentioned in the previous post

Tried changing loader layout back to no.

Checked that browser supports WebGL and it does.

Changed around various other project settings.

Tried in incognito mode on three different computers.

Still nothing across both games, is this a bug in Construct 2 considering I found other posts on this same subject with no solution?
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?