How do I stop a physics object?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri May 06, 2016 6:53 am

Hello. I have a player with the physics behavior and i have a platform with the solid behavior and the platform is supposed to stop the player falling out of the layout and getting a game over, but the ball falls BELOW the platform even though the platform has the solid behavior. The platform is meant to hold the ball still while the player gets ready and if the platform wasn't there, the player will get a game over immediately! :o
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 06, 2016 11:36 am

MinecraftM153 wrote: I have a player with the physics behavior and i have a platform with the solid behavior

Manual wrote:Physics behavior
.. Physics won't respond to objects with the Solid or Jumpthru behaviors. These behaviors are totally redundant when using Physics and have no effect. Instead, use the Immovable property...

so..you nedd to add Physics behavior to platform also...and set to Immovable...
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Message: MinecraftM153 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
korbaach wrote:
MinecraftM153 wrote: I have a player with the physics behavior and i have a platform with the solid behavior

Manual wrote:https://www.scirra.com/manual/98/physics Physics behavior
.. Physics won't respond to objects with the Solid or Jumpthru behaviors. These behaviors are totally redundant when using Physics and have no effect. Instead, use the Immovable property...

so..you nedd to add Physics behavior to platform also...and set to Immovable...

Didn't read the manual, thank you! :D :D :D
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?