How do I stop a piece of code?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Okay, I have this code : When XP is greater or equal to 100, change level up by 1 and show text "LEVEL UP!", wait 3 seconds, fade "LEVEL UP!". Once I reach past 100, it starts constantly level upping because it runs the action more than once..
how could I stop this? :cry:
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:12 pm

@Lucky Star
You could make like this:
after you put it to fade put an other action XP set value to 0 ( like reset it )
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:19 pm

@Radulepy But the player needs to KEEP the level, on the top it shows text saying level : (level #)
and other code I'm soon going to make will rely on that, such as if I want his weapon/clothes to upgrade once the player reaches, lets say, level 4, or a boss fight will occur on level 10.
Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade! Take the lemons back! GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DANG LEMONS WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! Demand to see life's manager!! Do you know who I am!?!?! I'M THE MAN WHOS GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN... WITH THE LEMONS
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Add a system trigger once condition..?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks, I always looked for something like that by right-clicking,
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:53 pm

@Lucky Star
ok, Good luck with the project!
B
S

Return to How do I....?