How do I stop my character's jittering? (lerp camera)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:15 am

I use a lerp camera that smoothly follows the player, and I think this is the cause. Whenever I stop moving while the camera is still moving, my player jitters for a bit until the camera stops moving. Does anyone know how to fix this? :?:

Thanks!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
B
25
S
9
Posts: 121
Reputation: 2,053

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:13 am

Was jittering occur on camera or character? You can use distance comparison (or value) whether character and camera are close enough to turn off lerp on camera and vice-versa.
ImageImage
B
123
S
54
G
24
Posts: 794
Reputation: 24,042

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:43 am

alextro wrote:Was jittering occur on camera or character? You can use distance comparison (or value) whether character and camera are close enough to turn off lerp on camera and vice-versa.


The character was the one that was jittering. I think it may be because I turned off pixel rounding, but I don't want to disable it.
B
25
S
9
Posts: 121
Reputation: 2,053

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:44 am

Aquanex2 wrote:
alextro wrote:Was jittering occur on camera or character? You can use distance comparison (or value) whether character and camera are close enough to turn off lerp on camera and vice-versa.


The character was the one that was jittering. I think it may be because I turned off pixel rounding, but I don't want to enable it again.
B
25
S
9
Posts: 121
Reputation: 2,053

Post » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:13 pm

What is your window size? If you're using a really small sprite with a small window, the character movement from pixel-to-pixel is much more noticeable, and can sometimes create a stuttering effect
B
8
Posts: 24
Reputation: 345

Post » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 am

PixelLab wrote:What is your window size? If you're using a really small sprite with a small window, the character movement from pixel-to-pixel is much more noticeable, and can sometimes create a stuttering effect

Sorry I didn't notice you responded. It is 640, 360. And the sprite is 40, 40.
B
25
S
9
Posts: 121
Reputation: 2,053


Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 47 guests