How do I stop my game from running multiple processes?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 pm

My game is running two processes, under the name NWJS (the export type). One is much smaller than the other. On game exit only the larger process ends, the smaller on stays so Steam thinks the game is still running (which it seems it half is). How do I stop this and also change NWJS in task manager to the actual game developer for players?
- Head of Tall Story Studios.

Creator of GOV, Project Abyss, Spiritlands & more!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:47 am

This bug has been around for a while (not closing). NW.js staff are probably fixing this already

Nothing you can do about multiple processes, it's just how it works and there's no problem with it. If the user forces one to close, all of them will close as well

When you export your game, whatever you name the executable (like game.exe) will be the name of the process. You can change this after exporting
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:06 pm

7Soul wrote:This bug has been around for a while (not closing). NW.js staff are probably fixing this already

Nothing you can do about multiple processes, it's just how it works and there's no problem with it. If the user forces one to close, all of them will close as well

When you export your game, whatever you name the executable (like game.exe) will be the name of the process. You can change this after exporting

Ah well, thank you for the information.
- Head of Tall Story Studios.

Creator of GOV, Project Abyss, Spiritlands & more!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?