How do I stop my sprites with bullet movement from rotating?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:17 am

I have some zombie sprites set to chase my character around by using bullet movement to shift their angles towards the player. But when their angle changes, the sprites rotate. I'm going for that classic pixelated look, and I'd rather they just stood straight up and moved toward the player. Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
G

Post » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am

To fix it you have to do two things.

1. For your zombies in the bullet behaviour you have to put "Set angle = No"

2. In the event "Zombie has LineOfSight to player" you need to replace the action "Set angle toward (Player.X, Player.Y)" with the action "Set Bullet angle of motion to angle(Zombie.X, Zombie.Y, Player.X, Player.Y)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 am

Thanks for the help, but I just tried that and now my zombies aren't going after the player any more, also I couldn't put all of that in one action, had to make 4 separate actions.
B
G

Post » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:37 pm

Think you have done it wrong then and that's why it doesn't work.

Here is how you do it:

Select all zombie by choose it in the projects list on the right side, then change "Set angle = no"

The bullet angle of motion is written as shown in the image. So you only need 1 action and not 4.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:10 am

Awesome!

Thank you so much for your help!!!
B
G

Return to Beginner's Questions