How do i stop sounds?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:02 am

The key to stopping sounds effectively is creating tags when you define an event with the "Audio Play" action. "Play" is the action that allows you to tag a sound. Construct 2 marks its as "optional", but in fact you must tag every sound file for later use with other actions. Be careful with Lowercase/Uppercase for your tags!!!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 am

@jegcelorio @blackhornet @Kyatric

Thanks for all the help and samples, I think this Tag (optional) setting is what have gotten me completely confused as to what Tags people and the Scirra Manual where referencing to.

In my mind the Tag at the end of the Stop action was just type in the name of the music file and it would work.

Will continue to try to get this to work as I intended, thanks again for the help.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:16 am

Ok for those of us who need a simple answer to the question of how to Stop a Song or Audio with out all the techy issues that keep coming up. Like Varibles, Functions and all that mess.

Here it is in the simplest way. When playing sound set "TAG" To what ever you want in that event. Then on action like kill enemy or button press Use the "TAG" you set in the play clip event. to stop, pause, resume and what ever else you want to do with it.

Have fun and enjoy. ;) JC
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?