How do I - Storing saves and information online

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Tic Tac Toe is an online multiplayer game with Easy, Hard, and Local and Online multiplayer game modes
  • Hey all - First off thanks for taking your time to view this - I am very new to construct and programming in general but i have managed to do everything i need so far

This is not so much a question of HOW to do something but more of a question of what is the best way. I have read the tutorials on using ajax, web storage, saving,

etc. I can handle the actual implementation of anything discussed here, what I am fuzzy about is most efficient/best way to go about it.

My goal is to have a Web based RPG type game similar to something like pokemon or final fantasy mixed in with neopets there will even be an online versus mode for challenging other players.

Anways I was wondering what would be the best way to save the information within this game (the information will hopefully be saved often). Do i want to create save files based on player id at login? Do i want to store all the players information and the equipment they have in the equipment array into a Sql database or is there some other more efficient method? Is it practical to use SQL databases instead of arrays?

How would you handle it?

Thanks again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • For basic projects, local web storage is probably the cleanest and simplest.

However, you seem to be looking at a multiplayer game. What are you using for your backend/login/id? If you make your own server or use a third party one, you should have no problem saving information to that service.

I haven't explored multiplayer myself lately but I did have https://parse.com/ bookmarked as a resource, except I think that project got shut down. https://www.firebase.com/ seems to be an alternative.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)