How do I style the preload bar?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:31 am

Hi guys

Is there any way to change the way the preload bar looks?

I've searched the forum, and found some threads where this feature was being added a couple of years back, but I can't find any concrete answers.

Any advice would be awesome :)

Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:50 am

I think you mean this
https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/318/how-to-use-loader-layouts-to-make-custom-loading-screens

most information you need is listed on that page
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:41 am

Hi @mystazsea

Thank you for the link, but what I'm looking to change is the default preload bar (blue bar).

This still appears while loading the loader layout.

Any ideas on how I could style this would be awesome (even if it means digging into code or using plains etc.)

Thank you!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:52 pm

When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:14 am

Hi @mystazsea

Thanks you for your help, but it's still not what I'm looking for.

This is an extract from one of the linked tutorials ...

2. Once the Javascript is downloaded (typically very quickly, since the code is small), the default loader appears. This is Construct 2's stock loading bar, which is typically a HTML5 logo with a blue progress bar. This is shown while the loader layout is itself loading. The default loader style can also be changed in Project Properties (see later).

What I'm trying to ask, is whether there is any way to style the 'default' preloaded, which still appears when loading a 'Loader Layout'. There are only two styles to choose from for the default loader style, and I would love to find out how to customise them.

I would just be happy, if I could change the blue bar colour and style the width and height, as well as the thickness of the border.

Thanks again!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:28 am

As seen in the How do I FAQ :
Change the color of the loading bar - LINK
More details on changing the color of the loading bar - LINK

To change the width, the bar will actually automatically adapt to the width of the loading-logo.png file. Put a wider image in there (transparency can help) and you'll modify the width of the loading bar.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:15 am

Hi @Kyatric - Thanks heaps, that's exactly what I was looking for :)
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?