How do I Sync an object (sprite created)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

hey everyone,

i continu to work hard and testing Contruct Multiplayer new features, now, i have some specific question about the Sync in 2 specific case

1 creation of object :
in my game, i can spawn as host or as peer "monsters" often those monsters are composed of (1) BOX with platformer behavior and a (1) Sprite for all the animation (both are in the same container, and all monsters are in the monsters family),

so actually when i spawn a monster , i can't see as Peer the monster Sprite in the LEVEL once created ,
but i can bounce on the top of his head so i guess the monster is here but it like invisible for the sprite, so i guess i need to sync on creation the monsters family ? anyhelp on this topic will be amazing

2 in my scene i already have some sprite who are not sync on start of layout, so i know i need to sync them , but when i use the sync function for a reason a ignore, each sprite appear twice, and one of the two sprite are sync, so maybe i need to add them and/or sync them only in the commun part , maybe also , there is some bugs (but i don't think so)

@ashley and @troublesum any opinion on those question ?
B
G

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 9:29 pm

As the tutorials say, don't sync anything you don't need to - it sounds like you should be able to just sync the box sprite and on the peer just place the visible object on top of it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 29, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks @ashley, one more question, synch the box sprite and on the peer just place the visible object on top of it, but in which section i'm supose to do this, i will found i guess before sleep :) , but i'm eagger to understand , if monsters sync or any other game element who can be destroy by player should be specified in the common group or if it's in the signalling group
B
G

Post » Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm

no news ?
B
G

Return to How do I....?