How do I tag audio via arrays

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hello,

I'm new to Construct 2.

I was wondering if someone can help with this issue.

I have a reading app which has 5 different mini games (or levels), one of which is called Sentence Completion. In this level, the user completes a sentence by dragging the right word from among 3 - 4 word choices to complete the sentence.

The sentences (e.g., ___ is a dog.) are generated randomly from an array via a function. The incomplete sentence is located at the bottom of the screen and the word choices are at the top. The user, naturally, will drag the word to the blank space to complete the sentence.

I need to create an event, using arrays, that will have a corresponding audio for that a specific sentence. For example, the audio will say "This is a dog." After which, the user would try to complete the sentence.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. Also I'm will to pay for the help.

WP

• The sentences (e.g., ___ is a dog.) are generated randomly from an array via a function.

By "generated" you mean "picked"?

Do you pick a complete sentence from a random element of the array? Or do you generate the sentence from separate random words?

It's hard to give you a solution without seeing your project.

You can probably expand your array, adding another "column" to it that will store the name of audio file for each sentence.

Could you share your capx file?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can share the capx file with you via email. It's picking the sentence from a random element of the array.

If you can actually do it, I'm more than happy to pay you for your time.

Let me know if you are interested.

WP

• Please send the capx to:

(removed)

• I just shared the capx file with you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)