How do i take best score from clay.io and post on screen

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Here is the screen shots.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:09 pm

OK, there are a few things going on here, none of which I can explain...!

I get a javascript error when the game loads in Chrome; closing the dialog allows me to continue but I'm not sure that the plugin is working correctly (the plugin works fine on my games but something in your game is causing an exception - and I don't know why). Are your game API key and leaderboard id correct? They are the only things I can think of that might cause errors like these...

Then, when my bird crashes I get this error:

Also, lines 8 to 11 in "Game events" post to the leaderboard without you first checking to see if the plugin has connected; there are a couple of facebook commands in the start event sheet that could also cause a problem. It could fail there if there is no connection to the clay server when you make these calls.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Gah! Ninja'd by your second post!
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 12:49 pm

@colludium You are also unable to fix this problem ? :(
B
S

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 1:28 pm

@ashar - I just added the clay plugin to my current game to see if it works and I didn't get an error. I set up a popup notice for the game being in clay and it seemed to load ok. Not sure if the problem before was in fact the plugin or maybe a server side issue with clay. Are you still having trouble with yours?

Edit: The game above was not registered with clay so some of the server hand-shaking will not have taken place. However, I did get my LD29 game to work in clay without any problem just over a week ago, now I come to think of it! So I suspect that the problem was with the clay server - unless you're still seeing it?
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 8:46 pm

@Colludium Yes i am still seeing it. It's getting on my nerves.
B
S

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 9:08 pm

@ashar - have you tried emailing austin at clay? The few times I had cause to email him about stuff he was always quick to respond. I haven't got the email address to hand but the contact form in clay should do it.
A big fan of JavaScript.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 9:16 pm

@Colludium No i haven't tried that. Let me email him . Thank you so much.
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?