How do I test the performance?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:59 am

So, when you test a project on browser, the performance is super fine and there are no delays with clicking buttons or changing layouts.
I wonder if that's a case for smartphones. So how can I know if my project lags?
My first project: Maze Island
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:13 am

The best is to have a couple of different smartphones and tablets to try on. If you're trying to optimize your game, it's good to have some, lower/mid end phone to try on. If you're developing for iPhone i suggest you get an iPhone. Maybe a second hand iphone 5 is good, and for android some cheaper mid range phone. You don't wanna test on the latest most powerful phones only, because you need to know how well your game runs on phones that are not that powerful.

I do my testing by uploading the project to my server, then trying the game in the phone browser. You can also set up Construct to preview on LAN, so you can test directly on your phone/tablet without uploading anywhere.

The phone browser performance will usually be very close to final build performance.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:02 pm

@RobertMKD check out this blog post for a detailed description of how to test on your mobile

http://www.megagamestudios.com/blogpost ... ile-device
Mega Game Studios is a tiny independent game studio run from our apartment in Melbourne, Australia. We're not quite sure what we do yet but we think it has something to do with apps, board games and plush toys.

www.megagamestudios.com
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?