How do I this action in a multiplayer game?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:42 pm

I´m trying learn multiplayer actions, I saw the tutorials, now I´m trying a little test but my game have a problem, It doesn´t update life in both (host and peer). Somebody can help me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

I change data in sync on signalling, now is ok, but actions do something only in host =/
I need to sync click too?
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:04 pm

Why????
Just host do the actions :/
Peers not perform nothing :/
B

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:52 pm

What may i do to get a help here?
Thanks
B

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:08 pm

I'm sorry I have no experience in multiplayer with construct 2, otherwise I would have been happy to help..
Hope someone else can shine som light on your subject..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:10 pm

@ericflamalaer
The host is authoritative over changes, so that is maybe why it won't work for peer (non-host). I'm not sure whether I'm right or wrong, but for this kind of action I would use [multiplayer.message] to sync what's happening. It's seems what you're trying to achieve is not within the context of real-time-action sync which your click input is not sent to host, while host will always send it's click input out to peers (I might be wrong though). However, see capx attached, see whether you can learn and understand something from it?

Significant changes from line24 to line32. Changes were made by referring official example multiplayer_real_time Line 76-Line78.
teste.capx

Ps: I myself still discovering the multiplayer in C2, still at high chance of getting things wrong in MP.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:48 pm

So beautiful *-*
Thanks man.. now I will try to adapt in my necessity.. thank you very much :)
B

Return to How do I....?