How do I To remove the VERTICAL LINE??

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem, i have a horizontal line between my tiled background.
I could have fix it using the point sampling but for some quality reason, i need to keep linear sampling.

Colludium wrote: It could also be a positioning error, with the two images overlapped or gapped slightly because they were placed with snap to grid turned off...

I am using snap to grid in order to position everything and this is what i get :

And with just a repositionning of 1 px, i fix the problem :

So here's my question, is it a problem with the snap to grid or there is something with my images ?

Edit: I found that on every tiled background, i have a vertical line at the top of it (you can see it all along my grass and my picks) so i don't think it is a problem a positionning.. Do you guys have an idea ?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:07 am

@Momo in the project properties there's an option called Pixel Rounding that could be turned on, which should solve the first issue.
As for the second issue, go into the sprite of your peaks there and click on the crop tool in the image editor. That will add a 1px transparent border around your image which will eliminate the 1px line.
Be sure to check out my Metroidvania game, A Hole in the Earth
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:09 pm

@ryanrybot Thanks ! It worked :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Creo que lo ultimo que te falta probar es que la imagen tiene que ser un numero elevado al cuadrado.
Ejemplo:
16x16 pixels
32x32 pixels
64x64
128x128
256x256
512x512
etc x etc

es un requisito indispensable para una imagen TILEABLE. osea mosaico. que se repite y se repite.

Espero te haya servido de ayuda.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 06, 2015 11:37 am

I have the same problem. But it only appears when i export to cocoonjs. With cordova it doesnt appear

Is a tiled background. Tiled is moving all the time to the left.
Play my games on www.pocketgames.es
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:36 am

GloryF90 wrote:I have the same problem. But it only appears when i export to cocoonjs. With cordova it doesnt appear

Is a tiled background. Tiled is moving all the time to the left.

I have exactly the same issue with cocoonjs. I would like to use it because crosswalk has so bad performance of my latest game :cry:
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?