How do I Touch Like A Mouse Click?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:02 am

I've read the manual. Touch input can simulate a mouse click, if the property is set.
I did it, but somehow it didn't work. I want to "touch" simulate a click on a button.
I've tested using: is touching object, on tap, on tap object, but no luck.
What have I missed?

Update
I've tested to touch a sprite, it works. But not for a button.
B
S

Post » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:52 am

The Button object already registers both mouse clicks and touch if you use the "On clicked" condition, no need for the Touch object.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:23 am

Hi. I am looking for something similar to simulate a click. I dont need to register if something was clicked, I need to let the app click on an object even if the user did not click.
I need this for my latest "The Escapists Companion App" when running on Xbox One (snapped in Internet Explorer). There is a Searchbox where you can search for crafting recipes but when I use "Set Focus" to the input object it only puts the cursor there but does not show the onscreen keyboard until you press the A button on your gamepad. So I need to simulate pressing the A Button/clicking on the input object to show up the onscreen keyboard to let the users search immediately when they Hit the X Button (used to set focus right now).

Is this possible?
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?