How do I transition a character thru a doorway in an iso rpg

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:28 am

I am working on an isometric rpg. I have walls constructed, along with doorways in which the character can walk through. The issue is handling the z-ordering as the character walks through the door. You end up with something like in the image attachment. How do I get a character to gracefully transition through a doorway or archway like in the professional isometric rpg's? I've tried splitting the doorway in half vertically and dealing with x y comparisons on an overlap event, but that still isn't exactly smooth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Corey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:07 am

Hey iac249, :)

You could try breaking the doorway into 2 parts, with the near side and top in the foreground, and the far side and bottom in the background, as shown in the image below. By "foreground" and "background" I simply mean Z order relative to the character.

walking_thru_doorway.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:18 pm

Thanks, fisholith. I think that is my best bet. Now it's a matter of sorting out the Z order issues.
B
S

Return to How do I....?