How do I trigger state based on overlapping sprite UID....

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 pm

I've updated it to use a container - it makes the picking easier as you don't have to store the UIDS for all the different parts. capx: angletriggerplatformer2.capx (r221)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:27 pm

@ramones Yeah, in my project the x and y planes are not static (they rotate around pretty frequently). I tried doing a switch for closest x *or* y depending on the angle of the platform objects but the code became pretty convoluted and in some instances the platformers would break transitioning from one set of angles to another, leaving them standing in place. I thought something like this would be much more reliable in that it doesn't rely on the Cartesian system and would require far less code, once solid and functional.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 pm

ramones wrote:I've updated it to use a container - it makes the picking easier as you don't have to store the UIDS for all the different parts. capx: angletriggerplatformer2.capx (r221)

Dude! You have totally made my whole week. Thank you very much!!

EDIT: Also, sorry, I saw this post after the first one.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:06 pm

ultrafop wrote:I am so sorry to hear about your car! You weren't hurt, were you?

Thankfully, no, but it is not how I wanted to spend my savings while developing this game...
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?