How do I tween a color transition?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:11 pm

So far, i know how to change the color of a sprite, for example using the Hue or Adjust HSL effects.

However, those actions make a hard transition.

I've been recommended plugins that are for C2 and still not available for 3.
Using C3, does anybody know how i can make a smooth transition of color/hue?
B

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:18 pm

You should post this on the Construct 3 board, then... :) Good luck!
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:20 pm

brunopalermo wrote:You should post this on the Construct 3 board, then... :) Good luck!

Sorry! thanks for the correction
B

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:37 pm

In fact it was not a correction... It's just that the chance you might get a useful answer there is higher. :)
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:02 pm

Hey @chrisyamao!

I gave it a try anyway and, at least in Construct 2, you could do that without a plugin, but you have to add instance variables for the HSL parameters, since you cant get them. You'd also have to set variables for the target HSL. After that just make a "every x seconds" event that checks the difference between parameters and adds or subtrackts a step.

Got it?
Bruno

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:25 pm

Hey @chrisyamao!

Not sure if that's what you're looking. Just made a .capx of the effect I described above. There are three sprites, first is changing Hue, second Saturation and the third Luminosity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/247chex5a35b9 ... .capx?dl=0

Cheers!
Bruno

B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:07 pm

Message: chrisyamao can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
brunopalermo wrote:Hey @chrisyamao!

Not sure if that's what you're looking. Just made a .capx of the effect I described above. There are three sprites, first is changing Hue, second Saturation and the third Luminosity.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/247chex5a35b9 ... .capx?dl=0

Cheers!

brunopalermo, that capx looks amazing! looks just like what i want. i'll study the event sheet! Thanks!
B

Post » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Glad to help! :)
Bruno

B
S
G

Return to How do I....?