How do I understand which device supports "Multiplayer"

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
A futuristic device, can be used as radarscreen, optionscreen, infodisplay, research device, ...
  • Hi!

I use multiplayer plugin in my game. Sorry I cann't show sources, but it's no need.

I tried run my game on diferrent devices and platforms: kinds of android, windows phone 8.1, PC web browser. And I came to next conclutions (using custom scirra signalling server):

• PC browsers Chrome are work great with "Multiplayer" plugin.
    • "Android host" and "Android client" are work.
    • "Android" and any other platform doesn't see each other at all. "Android client" cannot connect to PC browser host and vise versa.
    • Windows phone doesn't even think about Multiplayer plugin existance. It's impossible to host on this platform.

I need answers how do I can use multiplayer plugin on windows phone and between different platforms?

Thank you being stay here despite my complaint

• I think there should be no reason for there to be no cross platform capability. If it can run multiplayer at all it should be able to work. I haven't tested but I'd assume there is something wrong with your events. As for the windows phone, check if WebRTC is supported using Multiplayer.Supports_multiplayer

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've exactly the same issue than fens, and there is obviously an export issue on android: when exported with crosswalk on intel XDK, Multiplayer.Supports_multiplayer returns a positive answer, although there is no communication between 2 android devices.

PS: android devices manage connecting and login to the room but can't communicate

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)