How do I upgrade my C2 free v. if I bought my license?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Okay, so I decided to buy construct 2 on steam. Because steam wallet funds were easier to use..

But I need some help on how to upgrade my free version, which was bought before I got steam.

Is there any way I can upgrade my free version without having to use another $140? I mean, I technically did buy it.

• Okay, so I decided to buy construct 2 on steam. Because steam wallet funds were easier to use..

But I need some help on how to upgrade my free version, which was bought before I got steam.

Is there any way I can upgrade my free version without having to use another $140? I mean, I technically did buy it.

The highlighted section makes no sense. No one 'buys' the free version - it's just free.

If you have bought a license via steam, then you must install C2 via the steam client.

• That's not what I said. I meant that I already got the free version. I bought the steam version separately. I would like to upgrade my free version to the personal license without using another $140.

My pc has the free version (without steam) and the full version (with steam), so i'd like to upgrade the free version as well.

Sorry if I said something wrong, my bad.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So if I understand correctly, you have a Steam license, but want to make the free, stand-alone version (presumably downloaded from here) into a full licensed version?

That is not possible. The steam license and the license from this site are 2 entirely different licenses. Steam handle their own licensing and Scirra handle the stand-alone version. Buying one does not mean you get the other, I'm sorry to say.

Is that what you were asking?

• That's what I was asking, yes.

Thanks for the reply.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)